You are a strong Project Manager professional. You are energetic, meticulous and organised. You love innovation in everything you do and you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact. If this resonates with you, this challenge is for you.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contract: One-year, local, full-time Employment Contract, renewable.
Salary: Ranging RON 4200 – 4400 net depending on skills and experience
Location: Bucharest, with travels
Deadline for the application: 14th of April 2019
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
This post holder will mainly manage one project in Romania:
Under the MISTO project a transnational cooperation mechanism will be created to support education professionals and institutions in cities of origin and destination of Roma families on the move to ensure non-disruptive education for Roma children. Education professionals will be provided with concrete tools and methods for ensuring non-discriminatory quality education to these children through a comprehensive training programme, stimulating mutual learning and cooperation through a transnational community of practice. Prejudice-related difficulties in ensuring nondiscriminatory education for Roma children on the move will be tackled in through a child-led campaign.
- Responsible for the effective and qualitative implementation of project activities and for reaching project outcomes, ensuring high standards
- Responsible for steering the consortia of (international) project partners and internal team members; coordination and technical assistance
- Responsible for reporting to the donor and project & budget monitoring
- Sound liaison with local authorities, local NGO’s, community groups and beneficiaries
- Support the further development of Tdh’s Child and youth in Migration programme
- Explore opportunities for funding migration programme activities
- External communication, networking and advocacy
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in leading child protection related projects and a successful record in delivering qualitative and tangible results.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field;
- Ability to learn, apply and fully comply with donor rules, regulations, legal framework, office policies and procedures. 100% transparency, rigor and honesty.
- Knowledge of (circular) migrant and refugee situation in Romania.
- Knowledge on gender and diversity a strong asset.
- Ability to innovate and to be creative.
- Ability to work in a team in a consensual manner and to encourage full participation.
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure, work with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both English and Romanian.
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management, ideally on European Commission funded projects.
- Prior experience in NGO work, especially with young people
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to
Please include “Project Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.