Terre des hommes is looking for a proactive, energetic, and organised HR Generalist, to join its team in Bucharest, to support in the implementation of its projects.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact in the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Submit your CV at your earliest convenience. We will review application on rolling basis. The job remains open until it is filled.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organization for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for children and youth, especially those most exposed to risks, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 40 countries, Tdh works with its own teams and/or local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which significantly improve the daily lives of over four million children and members of their communities every year, with a focus on mother and child health, migration, and access to justice for children.
In Romania, Terre des hommes has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and Social inclusion of minorities.
We are looking for a talented HR Generalist to join the HR team and be involved also in the selection and hiring process.
- Supports the HR manager in the correct management of the HR processes for the national collaborators: job descriptions, recruitment.
- Ensures the correct management of HR administrative processes (tracking of personal folders, work contracts, social insurances, travel management);
- Manages the human resources databases, salary slips and payments.
- Establishes and supervises a proper filing system for all HR and administrative documents and oversees the necessary security measures
- Gather payroll data like bank accounts and working days
- Draft, publish and remove recruitment announcements
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed
- Check the candidates’ references
- Offers support in the hiring process to the other HR & Admin Officer (preparation of employees files, schedule employment medical check, etc.)
- Ensures the application of the child protection policy, especially during the different recruiting stages, as well as the training of any new collaborator with reference to it.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field (Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Economics, Public Administration.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role, preferably with an international non-governmental organization
- Practical knowldege of labor law, of the principles and procedures for recruitment and selection, employment relationships.
- Integrity and ability to relate to people
- Ability to network via social media and other professional platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Curiosity and willingness to permanently learn
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well independently, and as part of a team;
- Advanced English language skills – written and spoken
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application (CV and motivation letter in English) to email@example.com
Please mention in the title of the email the position “HR & Admin Officer”.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.