Terre des hommes Romania is recruiting two Project Managers to coordinate the emergency response for the refugees’ crisis, in Romania. The ideal candidate has experience in child protection, emergency interventions, social protection.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
The Project Manager will be part of Emergency Program of Terre des hommes in Romania in charge of the overall implementation and coordination of the project’s activities and reporting obligations, as well as the establishment and nurturing of partnering relations with local, national, and international stakeholders. The Project manager will be responsible in leading the mobile teams and the support team as well.
- Under the guidance of the Emergency Coordinator, contribute to the programme development on Emergency Response and develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans
- Supervise project implementation, including synergies with the other programme components of the organization in Romania
- Ensure high quality project implementation in accordance with donor and Tdh regulations as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans.
- Regular field visits to monitor the activities and their quality in compliance with proposals and in liaison with M&E department
- Ensure all project activities are implemented on a timely and quality manner in accordance with Tdh programme standards and in full compliance with all donor requirements as specified in projects contracts.
- Develop and maintain plan of activities in collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator, on regular basis, about the performance of the project.
- Manage and develop the project team
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other actors, donors, and key stakeholders and raise visibility around TDH response
- Relevant university degree in a related field (Sociology, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management (project design, logical framework preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budget management, etc.)
- Experience in managing large teams
- Experience in Child Protection, Emergency response, Social Protection and/or development aid
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organizations; experience in NGOs or in social enterprises would be an asset
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Project Manager Emergency, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.