Terre des hommes is looking for proactive, energetic, and organised Project Officers, to join the teams in Bucharest and Brasov, to support in the implementation of our activities.
If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Send your application as soon as possible. The job remains open until position is filled.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
To respond to the refugee crisis, Terre des hommes (Tdh) is deploying fixed and mobile teams to transit, reception and refugee centres in Bucharest and Brasov to provide essential child protection, psychological support, information and referral services to children, youth, mothers, and other vulnerable people who have been displaced from Ukraine. Tdh will also deliver capacity-building services to local service providers and community and volunteer groups on child protection, safeguarding, trafficking risks and similar needs. In addition, Tdh is planning to distribute kits (hygiene kits, dignity kits etc.) based on necessities to address immediate and basic needs.
The Project Officer is responsible for the effective support of the mobile teams for Emergency Response in terms of organization, communication, compliance with administrative and financial procedures and support to the beneficiaries.
- Supports the team leader for the organisation, communication, and coordination of the mobile team activities
- Supports the team leader in creating and maintaining a continuous and effective information flow within the mobile team;
- Support in preparing the activity plan as needed;
- Centralizes information from the team and supports in reporting;
- Supports the team members in processes regarding procurement and finances;
- Supports the team leader in ensuring that Tdh procedures and policies are followed.
- Organises activities for Tdh beneficiaries and offers them direct assistance based on the existing needs and team allocation
- Together with all the mobile team members intervenes in areas and activities as prioritized by the Project Manager
- Conducts regular needs assessments for the locations where the mobile teams are working and any other potential locations for intervention
- Organises events for Tdh beneficiaries as planned with the team leader
- Liaises with suppliers and service providers
- Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the programme and informs the team leader to decide on further actions
- Coordinates the activities of volunteers supporting the team
- University degree in administration, logistics, management, finance, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in office management, admin and/or logistics field, prior experience in working in an NGO will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Romanian), with strong attention to details;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and follow through on multiple tasks
- Fully conversant with usual IT tools (Microsoft 365)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com Please include “Project Officer”, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.